After a busy holiday season, I finally got exactly what I wanted for New Year's... a couple days of playing in the snow and a cozy night in by the fire with my fellas, good food, and drink. It took everything I had to make it until that 12AM milestone, but I soldiered through and greeted 2013 with a sleepy smile. It was a good year, but I do feel ready for a fresh start.
Last year, when this journal was in its infancy, I made some resolutions. Looking back on those I would say I'm about fifty percent, sadly some of the simplest things (making my bed and laundry) are my biggest failures! I do love resolutions, so here are a few for 2013.
- get back into making bread each week
- carve out some time for real exercise (nothing aggressive, but it's been far too long)
- be more respectful during conflicts even when I'm passionate (and right!)
- make more time for my husband and friends (cut out TV? you're loving this one James :))
- finish the baby blanket that is two years in the making
- wash all bedding once a week (don't ask what our current schedule is)
- make more time for design work
- start seedlings inside
- make a garden gate
- make radiator covers
- visit my mom more often
- print a few special photos (maybe even a book)
- try an actual style with my hair once a week
- keep up this journal to document all the fun
Hope that you all had a wonderful new year's celebration, and bear with me as I get back into the swing of things here. It's going to be traumatic when Pop goes back to work tomorrow (I'm not sure who will be crying more, me or Little Smith... we are really going to miss him around here!).